- Data Collected: the personal data that EnrichHER Funding collects from you and from other sources;
- Use of Data: the ways that EnrichHER Funding uses that personal data, including the ways that it may combine data it collects from you with data it acquires about you from other sources; and
- Disclosure of Data to Others: the circumstances under which EnrichHER Funding might share your personal data with others.
EnrichHER Funding created this privacy statement to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. EnrichHER Funding will not knowingly sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement unless we are required to do so by law or have the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law, cooperate with law enforcement agencies, or comply with legal process served on our website. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Site www.EnrichHERFunding.com. EnrichHER Funding collects information from our users at several different points on our Site.
Personally Identifiable Information
EnrichHER Funding typically receives specific data about its Site visitors only when such information is provided voluntarily, such as when our visitors request information, purchase or enroll for services, log into our portal system as [Issuer], [Investor/Subscriber], or [Partner], or send us e-mail. Some of these activities require that you provide your information, such as when you register for and create a profile on our Site. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, photo, Social Security number, date of birth, net worth, income, status as an accredited investor, your biography, and your website.
If you choose to invest in a business through our Site, we will collect payment information from you, such as financial account information or payment card information, and we may collect information to verify your income, such as a bank statement or W-2 form. Please note that we do not store your payment card information, but we do store other financial information. If you choose to add an investment entity to your profile, we will also collect information about the entity.If you would like to raise funding for your business with our Site, we collect information about you and your business, your fundraising terms, and payment information. We also collect information when you post questions or comments on our Site, send or receive direct messages from other users, or when you contact us, including via email, phone, or social media.
Public Site Visitors:
We automatically collect certain information when you use our Site. Our Web server captures your IP address, the time and duration of your visit, and the pages on the Site that your visit. It may also collect information about your browser, device, location and other information of the type collected by Web servers generally. We may use “cookies”, “web beacons” or other techniques to identify you or your device to your activity on the Site. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device, typically a string of numbers and letters. The cookie is used to uniquely identify your device. Whoever places the cookie will typically use the information to associate each of your Site or services visits to your device, and to you personally if the cookie placer has information that identifies you personally to your device. Most browsers include features that enable you to block or restrict cookie placement. If you disable or restrict cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site or service that placed the cookie. A Web beacon is a small electronic image that is served by a Web server when you view the Web page or email in which it is embedded. Generally, when you view the content in which the Web beacon is embedded, a call is placed to the Web beacon server that identifies your IP address or device information in a way that enables the operator of the beacon to identify your device, or you, to you activity. Please consult your web browser to learn the proper way to modify its cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Site to their fullest potential.
We may ask you to volunteer information about yourself using the Site, including personal data (such as your name and email address), demographic data (such as your profession, age and gender), and information about your general interests. We may also ask you to submit a photograph of yourself. Your submission of this type of information as a public Site visitor is not required.
We may permit third parties to display content on our Site. If you view this content, the third party may collect information about you. For example, we may permit content to be displayed by Google Fonts, Google Maps, You Tube or Vimeo. You should see the third party’s site for more information about the data they collect and their use and disclosure of the data.
When you register for and create a profile on our Site, you must provide personal data to establish a services account, including Personally Identifying Information. As part of setting up your account, you are required to create a password, password hints, and provide answers to security questions. You are also required to provide financial information for the purpose of paying our fees, such as your credit number and expiration date.In order to provide the services on our Site, including verifying your identity and other information you provide us, we collect information about our users from third parties and combine it with other information we receive from or about our users.
You may be required or permitted to publish personal and financial data about yourself as part of the content you post to the public and non-public parts of the site, including the comment sections of the offering pages, by means of the platform, or to qualify you as an appropriate issuer or investor under applicable laws and regulations. You may also be required or permitted to publish demographic data or information about your interests and background. You may be permitted to publish a photograph of yourself. The nature of these publication features necessarily identifies you to your published content.
[You may be permitted to share with EnrichHER Funding the personal data of your contacts via your local address book or via a third party service such as Facebook or LinkedIn. If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third party social networking or authentication service that we may make available ("Integrated Service"), such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, we will collect certain personal information that you have provided to the Integrated Service (such as your name, email address, photo, and other information you make available via the Integrated Service) and an authentication token from the Integrated Service. The personal information collected from the Integrated Service may be used to register you on our Site and to provide some of the features of our Site. You may revoke our access to your account on the Integrated Service at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the respective Integrated Service. You understand that certain features of our Site may not be available to you if you choose to remove our access to your account with the Integrated Service.]
If you contact us for support (whether by phone, chat, email or other means), we may record and save the contents of the communication.
Use of Data
Generally, EnrichHER Funding uses the personal and other data it collects to provide its platform services, to operate its Site and platform efficiently, and to provide a good quality experience for Site visitors and platform users. It may also use the information to show you advertisements and other content that may be of particular interest to you while you are on the Site. EnrichHER Funding may use the information to send you email or other communications about EnrichHER Funding’ or third parties’ content, product or services. If you provide EnrichHER Funding with information about your contacts, EnrichHER Funding will use that information to invite them to view your public content, or for other purposes disclosed on the Site from time to time.
The providers of our analytics tools may use information they collect about your Site visit to show you advertisements or other content that may be of particular interest to you.
If you establish a platform account, we may tie the information we collect as part of your pre-login Site visit to your post login activity on the Site and platform.
If EnrichHER Funding acquires information about you from third parties, such as marketing or advertising firms, security services, or content providers, it may tie this third party provided information to the information it collects from or about you as part of your visit to the Site or use of the platform.
Here are some specific examples of the ways we use data we have about you:
- Account Transactions: We use your account data to communicate with you about account transactions or respond to your requests for support (such as fee payments, support requests, platform interactions with your issuers or crowd funders).
- Fraud, Abuse, Security: We use account and other data to screen for and reduce fraud, spam, abuse, and security problems. We may remove content or block access to the Site or platform in our discretion to reduce the risk of fraud, abuse and security problems.
- Business Improvements: We use the data we collect to improve our Site and platform, such as changes to the content or organization of the content, developing new platform features, identification of target audiences for our external advertising and publicity efforts.
- Newsletters and Other Promotional Content. We may use your data to send you communications of interest to you, including promotional communications. We may use Web beacons to track whether you actually view our messages or content.
Disclosure of Data to Others/Sharing
- Businesses You Invest In. We may share your information with businesses that you invest in. The information about you that we share with the businesses you invest in may include your public profile information and your address, email address, and Social Security number.
- Other Users and the Public. Any comments or information you submit or share on public areas of the Site, such as questions for founders, your bio, or a description of your business, can be read, collected, or used by other users and the public. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit or share on the public areas of our Site, such as investment pages or your public profile. We also share your information with other users when you send or receive direct messages from other users.
- Affiliates, Banks, and Partners. In order to provide the services on our Site, we may share your information with our affiliates and third parties, such as banks, portfolio companies, investment banking firms, accountants, and similar entities.
- Service providers. We use service providers to provide certain services to us, such as analytics services, fraud detection, payment processing, and advertising and marketing services. We only provide our service providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services. Our analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use our Website.We also use outside companies to host our Site and portal. We select companies that indicate to us that they do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
- When we believe release is appropriate (a) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies, or terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of us, our users, or the public, (e) to respond in an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations. This may include exchanging information with government regulatory or law enforcement agencies, or with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and legal compliance.
- To persons who help us provide our products and services to you. We may provide personal and other information to third parties who work for us, such as companies that manage and monitor investment accounts, verify credit card information, process credit card payments, manage e-signing, analyze data, manage contact information and communications, remove repetitive information from customer lists, and provide marketing services. These providers are not authorized to further disclose your data or to use your data for any other purpose other than providing services to us.
- Our Site and platform are hosted by third parties and we use third party infrastructure monitoring services. These third parties may have inadvertent or incidental access to your data. These providers are not authorized to further disclose your data or to use your data for any purpose other than providing services to us.
- As part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company. We may in the future sell all or part of our assets or be involved in a merger. It is customary for personal information to be included with the transferred assets in these types of transactions.
We may disclose data we collect from and about you in aggregate anonymous form for the purpose of improving our Site and services generally.
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable security measures to help protect the information in our care. However, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storage is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of information collected or otherwise obtained by us in connection with our Website.
The Site is not intended for use by children, especially those under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under eighteen (18) years of age is allowed to use the Site, provide any personal information or receive our email distributions. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of eighteen (18) years. If you believe that a minor has disclosed Personally Identifiable Information to EnrichHER Funding, please report this to us immediately by sending us an email at hello@EnrichHER.co.
Links to Other Websites
This Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that EnrichHER Funding is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Site.
Choices You Have With Your Information
You can update the information you provided us by accessing your account settings. Through your account settings, you can also hide some portions of your profile from other users or the general public on the Internet as well as hide your profile from search engines that collect information from our Site.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, our Site does not currently respond to such signals.
Processing in the United States
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction